Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Show must go on!

Had a bit of a scare a few months ago.I was at an animation festival enjoying some great films.till suddenly a film called "Down to the bone" started. it's about a little boy who Sneezes himself inside out. now I know that Donny is completely different but a lot of the gags in this film were very similar.from his twitching body to his cat licking him and his unremorseful babysitter who's attitude is alot like Donny's siblings. Everyone watching was laughing at a concept that I've been working on for a few years. what I nightmare, I thought to myself as I cringed at my chair.I wanted to run out of the theater. don't get me wrong, It was as a great film. just little to close to what my Idea for Donny would be.


after the viewing of that film I kinda put Donny on the back burner. I really didn't feel like continuing this project.but I really want to go on with it,and so I am.I've been working on a short and so far it's looking pretty good.If theres one thing I've learn from this,it would be the fact that Ari and I need to get the ball rolling and have something done as soon as possible and this film was definitely a kick in the ass to GIT-R-DONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment